Regardless of how new or how good you think your IT systems are a major disaster can happen. An example of this is if the entire building has burnt to the ground. You arrive onsite, what is your next step? The whole point of planning a ‘Disaster Recovery’ is to get your company back up and running in the shortest time possible. Every second is costing you wages/running costs and lost business. Most IT companies can get you back up and running…. Eventually. In this time what will happen to your business? With a proper plan in place you could be back up and running within hours if not minutes!
Key Disaster Recovery services offered by ZMir
- Server and desktop virtualisation to enable quick recovery (3-4 hrs vs 2-3 days)
- Server clustering across buildings or sites (Redundancy)
- Internet connection duplication, load balancing and failover protection
- Redundant power sources and battery backup protection
- Disaster recovery plans, user training and drills
Business benefits of Disaster Recovery services by ZMir
- Protection from major incidents (fire, flood, theft etc)
- Reduce recovery time from 1-2 weeks to hours
- Reduce recovery costs by pre-planning
- Independent of any one staff member (e.g. IT manager on holiday)
- Cost of recovery with a plan can be less than 5% the cost of recovery without
There are two aspects to disaster recovery planning; the IT infrastructure and the written plan itself. Many IT support companies simply concentrate on the written plan, whereas we look first at the infrastructure. The reason is the written plan can certainly organise the recovery, but it can only reduce the recovery time to the minimum that their IT systems will allow. If the servers and PCs will take 6 days to setup again, then the recovery will always take 6 days no matter how the plan is executed. This is where we can plan and give you the options to reduce the recovery time.