Having a virtualized environment means you are running ‘virtual servers’ on a physical host server. This allows you to save on having lots of various degrading hardware and have a cleaner server environment. There are various different hardware setups you can have. The main ‘Host Server OS’ is usually Windows ‘Hyper-V’ or VMWare ‘ESXi’. There are other rivals but these are the 2 main ones in use. Below is a few things we can offer.
Key Virtualization Services offered by ZMir Ltd.
- Physical to virtual conversion (P2V) of existing physical servers
- Installation and/or setup of Windows Hypervisor Server (HyperV) or VMWare ESXi server
- Load-balancing of virtual machines to reduce hardware bottlenecks
- Clustering over multiple physical servers, sites and links
- Virtual Server backups that can make restoration times drop
- Documentation and training for in-house IT staff
- Integration into existing Disaster Recovery Planning or creation of a new plan
Business benefits of Server Virtualization
- Consolidation of physical servers – reducing space, power and cooling requirements
- Reduction of capital and IT management costs by having less hardware to support
- Increased availability of resources through reduction in Server downtime
- Deliver resources and applications in an efficient and scalable way
- Faster disaster recovery response time
- Extending the lifespan of existing servers and applications